How To Control Mosquitoes In Wetland Areas
2017 offers new products available to treat for the control of mosquitoes in wetland areas with zika, west nile, triple e, chikungunya other viruses. It depends upon your unique situation as to witch choice is right for you. Some yards have standing water such as ponds, others have wetlands close by. Or maybe we are just dealing with the occasionally wet area after a rain storm. A good rule of thumb is if the standing water is gone within 4 days we just don’t worry about it. On the other hand if its still visible after 4 days we now have a breeding site for mosquitoes. How we treat depends upon many factors, is the water on or off your property but within 1200 feet? This is the furthest distance 93% of the mosquitoes that bother you are traveling from. The other 7% are traveling to your residence by strong winds as they are weak fliers.
Yes you can treat for this situation with our newest pesticide pyridine. Pyridine is a growth regulator (GR) that will kill or destroy the first 3 stages of a mosquitoes life cycle. This along with barrier mist spray treatments will greatly reduce your mosquito population. This pesticide transfers to the female’s legs while she is harboring. When she fly’s off to lay her eggs even if it’s not on your property the pyridine will transfer to not only her eggs but to any eggs larva or pupa within 1 meter of hers. This transfer effect gives you excellent control of the first 3 stages of a mosquitoes life cycle.
If the water source is only on your property we have other choices that are just as beneficial. We can treat only those areas with a different form and active ingredient to kill the eggs. These pesticides will effect only the eggs of mosquitoes and flies in water. They bring no harm to fish and other forms of water life.